[rollei_list] Re: Lens Flare

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:34:24 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "ERoustom" <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 5:44 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Lens Flare

Hello Richard, 5 bladed shutter. Put the ground glass (plate adapter) on and opened the lens looking into a 300 Watt studio light, and could not find any such artifact, at any aperture.

Hi Carlos, the flare is in plainly visible on the negative itself.

Something about shooting into bright light a distance away in a high contrast image... hmmm. Maybe I need another Rollei. I like shooting into the sun.

E.

You might do better with a smaller and less intense source. I suggested a pencil flash because it is nearly a point source and can be moved around easily. Get it so that it shines on the inside of the camera. While late Rolleis have a very effective set of light baffles one can still get reflections. The cross may be either diffraction or even possibly an odd reflection because it looks like involute circle a possible pattern for a reflection.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx