[rollei_list] Lens Cap Compatibility

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 00:46:28 -0500

At 12:35 PM 3/8/05 -0800, Dennis Purdy wrote:

>That is what I figured though someone on this list last year had gotten=20
>a lens cap that fit the bayonet but the distance between the lenses was=20
>wrong.  I can't remember exactly what models they were talking about. =20
>I got a pretty good deal on a brushed aluminum lens cap but my camera=20
>is at Oceanside for a few more weeks so I can't try it.

Ah!  Dennis, that is an issue with the Bayo II caps for the 3.5 Planar and
Xenotar cameras.  The later ones have a 45mm distance between the centers
of the two lenses and require a special lens cap, though all other Bayo II
accessories work just fine on them.  The earlier ones had a 42mm distance.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx=20
Cha robh b=E0s fir gun ghr=E0s fir!