[rollei_list] Re: Leica Sold ! ? !

  • From: Bob Shell <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 07:41:58 -0500

On Jan 3, 2006, at 4:05 PM, Javier Perez wrote:

I just spoke to someone at leica and he/she said, and I quote

"No Canon did not buy us"

I wonder what that means? :)

It means that person believes what he/she said. Without knowing who that person is, it is impossible to know how likely their belief is to be correct.

Unfortunately, right now all of the people in the know at Canon are in Las Vegas for the CES show, which is followed immediately by another trade show. No one likely to actually give me a knowledgeable answer will be back at HQ until after January 17th. The one person I was able to reach had not heard anything, but did not discount the possibility.

Bob