[rollei_list] Re: Leica M4: OT

  • From: "Ruben" <ruben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:44:32 +0200

I have the pleasure (besides Rolleiflex - currently only an automat with 75
,35 tessar c. 1953 -) of using leicas - I would agree with you Marc that the
M6 is a wondefull camera and that it feels very tough! I also have a IIIf-
red dial with 3 beautifull minty lenses and while it in use is not up to the
Ms it is a very charming camera.
I recently got two M2 - one I keept  with a 50 1,5 Summarit - and it is -
berhaps not as tough as the my M6 a very lovely camera - it is 40 years old
and in supe condition.
The other M2 was a real beater -you take my word on it - I put a link to the
autionsite were I am selling it were you can se the pictures - amazing
though - the rangefinder and all the mechanic parts exept the selftime -
worsk flawlessly even thoug it has been abused to the extent that it is
almost a crime - please tjeck out the pictures and tell me when you treated
a cemera like that!
Anyway - shootin mostly with my 35 mm summicron the viewfinder in the M2 and
in the M6 suits me better then the M3, and based on personal experience I
can recommende both the M2,M3 and M6 anytime - What MArc says aboyt the M4
troubles I would stay away from that
lovely cameras! Cheers Ruben
http://my.qxl.dk/accdb/viewItem.asp?IDI=17150163&ListingType=0&ListingSort=1&PageNum=1&Catg=21085
if the link does not work visit www.qxl.dk and search for leica M2

ps. if you should be able to read danish there is a funny piece of fiction
on how the camera got look like it does :-)