[rollei_list] Lawyer comments; was: Re: Re: MX-EVS Self Timer Sticking...soon after CLA.

  • From: Aaron Reece <oboeaaron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 05:41:29 -0400

On Jul 17, 2006, at 10:11 PM, Richard Knoppow wrote:

I know a little about Marc's practice and know him to an ethical lawyer and man.

Thanks for your comments, Richard. Few people on this list know Marc personally, outside the construct of the Internet. I am one of them. Let me just say that Marc is not a real-life example of a TV lawyer a la LA Law or Boston Legal, or any other of the plethora of shows that portray all, or nearly all, lawyers as opportunists who make themselves wealthy off the misfortunes of others. Too many otherwise intelligent people buy into this tired stereotype. In fact, Marc is not rich, and he does not lead a rich lifestyle. He is kind to his friends, and fair to everyone with whom he has dealings. So enough with the lawyer jokes already.

Regards,
Aaron