[rollei_list] Re: Latin Plural of Virus

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:46:35 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: <Sacsu@xxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2005 7:40 AM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Latin Plural of Virus

> Hello Marc, take a look at the forwarded email. There are
> some formatting
> problems. The number 20 appears after an = sign at the end
> of sentences, like
> this = 20. Any idea why this happens?
> How's the snow in your part of VA? Here in central NJ it
> just stopped
> snowing. It appears we got about 15" or so, a lot of snow
> for this part of the
> country.
>
> Sam Anson, NJ

   The Freelists machine is set to convert HTML to text.
What you are seeing may be HTML formatting. This may also be
a problem with what is called quoted-printable text.
Quoted-printable is a way of expanding the number of
characters that can be sent using the standard e-mail
format. It sends instructions that are normally hidden but
are being shown here. I don't think there is a setting on
the list configuration that will fix this. Marc and others
who's mail shows these characaters should check the settings
of their e-mail programs to see if they are set to allow
quoted-printable.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA