[rollei_list] Re: * Last Call* The Global Rollei Club CD-Roms

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 06:39:29 -0700

An SL66 thread usually doesn't degenerate like many other topics. Besides, A comprehensive Rollei 120 site is much more workable than a dedicated one. A past list for the Rollei SLR, SL66 included, didn't survive. Then again, Dr. Meijer's didn't either.

Slobodan Dimitrov

On Oct 2, 2006, at 6:33 AM, Mike Kovacs wrote:

Its true that there are many knowledgeable SL66 users on this list. It would be nice though to have a nice SL66 website back on the web. I'd like to do this but my web authoring skills are not so great. Mark Meijer's website was really what pushed me over the edge to get an SL66 in the first place. Well that and its a lot more affordable to own than Hasselblad.

I don't know about others but I find this list hard to follow at times. Its often hard to separate the content from "the noise". I'm certain I summarily delete 95% of the posts.

It sure would be nice to make some that material you cite available electronically. I for one would pay to get my mitts on it!

Jan Decher wrote:
Mike et al:
Why start a separate SL66 UG?? Why not post SL 66 questins here? We are off topic too much any way and could use some actual Rolleiflex contents. I am always interested in SL66 questions and have many borchures and one promotioal book ("Photographers, technologists...write on a universal camera system..."), parts of Mannheim's book on the system, and Heering's chapter on the original SL66 in the last edition of his Rolleiflex book (in German), although I no longer own an SL66 (with some regrets).
I also have Mark Meijer's Rollei CD that came with the SL66SE I bought from him ca. 2003 (not a completely smooth, but ultimately satisfying deal). Glad to share any files from that CD with people on this list. An SL66 website or BLOG might be a good idea.
Jan

Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:39:20 -0400
From: Mike Kovacs <mskovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] * Last Call* The Global Rollei Club CD-Roms
I haven't forgotten about my idea to start an SL66-UG either. Though RUG is filling my immediate needs, I'd like to get a nice website going for SL66 shooters this winter.

--- Rollei List

--- Rollei List