[rollei_list] LUG-forum (was: Time to boycott Yahoo)

  • From: "A. Lal" <alal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rolleiusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 10:48:30 -0500

Based on the ongoing discussion of this topic, I believe some Rollei list members are unaware that there exist two Leica lists, LUG and LUG-forum. Perhaps a brief explanation is in order.

The LUG is the Leica Users Group. Brian Reid, the list owner restricts this one to ON-TOPIC discussions. E.g., photographic apparatus from Leica and lesser marques; photography in general; Morgans and newer sports cars; Formula 1 (TM); slide rules; fountain pens; single-malts; Tilley hats; Photoshop; digital printers; and whatever else the Serious Leica Owner - typically an extraordinarily intelligent and erudite person devoted to All that is Good and Just on this Earth, and I speak here as an utterly impartial observer of the genus - may deem essential to his or her photographic and pseudo-photographic lifestyle.

The LUG-forum is the list Brian has kindly set up to facilitate off-topic exchanges. Here one may freely discuss politics and express views from the stone age variety to the more progressive kind without fear of being excommunicated..

----- Original Message ----- From: "baloneyphone" <antoniorussell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>