[rollei_list] Re: LTM and Contax RF Film Requirements

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:47:14 -0400

At 02:33 PM 4/21/06 -0700, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>   Short or long the film seems to fit my ancient IIIC.
>   When the Contax first came out it used a leader with a
>center tongue. In fact, for a couple of years one could buy
>35mm film with either leader in boxes marked "For Leica" or
>"AFAIK, all Contax
>cameras except the front wind version used Leica type
>tongues.

Would this be a Retina IIIC? or a Leica IIIc?

My own set of cameras are in a mess but I do not recall any special demands
on the early Zeiss Ikon cassette or on the original COntax.  I am positive
that my Contax I, Version 7, will accept a normal 35mmm film cartridge but
I am not able to confirm this at present and if I dared break open the
boxes set for shipment to check this, my German-heritage, farm-raised,
masters-level RN wife would break my wrists and do additional damage to my
body.  She WANTS to get us moved, much more than I do.  She has already
moved the VCR tapes and DVD's which I want to watch, a kind sort of
inducement to get my butt down the road.

Give me four mounths, and I will be able to speak from exemplars at hand.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!