[rollei_list] Re: Krikor and his amazing sticking self-timer

  • From: Aaron Reece <oboeaaron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 05:58:02 -0400

On Jul 17, 2006, at 11:26 PM, Kenneth Frazier wrote:

I would go a bit further and add that I think it is a bit out of line to discuss openly and negatively one of the vendors that many of us do business with, or may do business with, WITHOUT GIVING THE VENODR AN OPPORTUNITY TO DEFEND HIMSELF!!

Jeff telephoned Krikor to inform him of the problem and was given advice which many of the elder statesmen here have deemed bunk. THAT was Mr. Maralian's opportunity to defend himself, and assuming Jeff's story holds up in court (I am on a legal kick now) he (Maralian) royally cocked it up.

It's like me talking about one of my parishioners, openly, to a lot of other people. It just isn't done.

It is nothing of the sort. If anything, it is more like a parishioner was given spiritual advice she thinks may be questionable and she asks her friends whether her pastor is off the mark. Surely you would not object to her talking this over, in confidence, with her friends. But we should all cast a jaundiced eye toward arguments by analogy, for reasons that have been laid down for many thousands of years now.

Best regards,
Aaron