[rollei_list] Re: Kranky, Rollei motor drive...Rolleimot

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:25:08 -0000

I had a mad 'senior moment' and bought a Rolleimot for my SL66 a few
years ago. It is the same as the Rolleimot for the TLR except that it
has an additional base plate which attatches to the SL66 quick mount
base and an adapter plate for the winder coupling because cycle of the
TLR and SL66 winders start from a different angular point.

The base holds the batteries and the vertical box holds the V-Twin 18hp
Kohler air cooled engine (only joking) drive motor.

I read somewhere that these were originally developed by Rollei to test
cycle the wind mechanism ' to destruction'. Employees'  hands would fail
long before a camera, so a better method had to be devised. Some were
sold but they were not a popular accessory for a camera with only 12
exposures. Any other ideas?

Best wishes

John Wild