[rollei_list] Re: "Kodak disposable box cameras" (was: Not My Definition of a Thoroughbred (Re: Nikon vs. Leica))

  • From: "Douglas Shea" <dshea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:22:52 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ardeshir Mehta
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:01 PM
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: "Kodak disposable box cameras" (was: Not My

On Tuesday, April 12, 2005, at 07:46  PM, Douglas Shea wrote:

> That's one of the funny things about all of the emphasis we place upon
> camera and lens quality (and I'm as guilty as anyone); while I'm not
> suggesting that publishing should be our criteria for assessing value
> it amuses me to know that a couple of my published underwater shots of
> sea turtles were taken with Kodak disposable box cameras.
>
> Doug

Way to go, Doug.

"f/8 and BE THERE!"

THAT's the way to take pictures.

Cheers.

Thank you, Ardeshir. Not being a professional it was an honor for the
pictures to even be considered, but I did everything possible to subtly
steer them towards the shots taken with Nikonos gear, and they did also
select some of those as well. I felt as though a crime had been committed by
selling the box camera pictures; but what that really tells me is that I'm
too equipment oriented and less aware of the content of the image. So I am
trying to learn from the experience.

Doug