[rollei_list] Re: Kodak Portra 400 120 and Pro Image 100 35mm

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 18:21:24 -0400

Hi Nancy -

For focusing, I'd suggest you try placing a cheap Carson or Kalt loop
on the ground glass.

I'd also suggest a nice bright screen... more light helps.

Eric Goldstein

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 5:39 PM, `Richard Knoppow
<dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I had tri-focals but not progressives in the past. They were helpful
for my work (TV engineer) but were not very satisfactory for driving and I
sometimes fell over my feet. Modern ones are perhaps better or maybe its
just me.

On 7/25/2015 2:28 PM, rocketmanpm . wrote:

Those progressives should resolve the close distance just fine at the bottom
of your eyeglass. Besides, it's right where you would want it, since the
camera is held near the body anyway. Are you saying you still have problems
reading aperture/time wheels or are you just new to your eyeglasses?

On 25 July 2015 at 14:09, Nancy Kennedy <njkennedy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Carlos, I just wanted to acknowledge how much I enjoy your posts, which
are consistently informative. I just read your latest missive out loud to
my husband (he owns a Lumix so he doesn't subscribe) and showed him your
latest posts. I feel as if I have a friend in Argentina! Thank you again.

For the group: I have an issue with my newly purchased Rolleiflex Xenotar
3.5F - my eyes. I'm 60 and use eyeglasses. It's been years since I used
any camera due to my eyesight. No matter what I'm doing, time of day or
lighting, I have trouble manually focusing and reading the small letters on
the dials. I just bought new glasses (progressive trifocals with
adjustments for astigmatism), but they did not help much. Does anyone else
have this problem? Should I give up hopes of ever being successful with a
TLR?

Nancy