[rollei_list] Re: Kodak Portra 400 120 and Pro Image 100 35mm

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 18:36:52 -0500

At 06:17 PM 7/30/2015, Eric Goldstein wrote:

When I first started recording in earnest as a teenager, some of the old timers at the major studios looked me in the eye and told me as clearly as they could to protect my hearing.

Luckily I listened. I'll turn 60 next month and my hearing is still better than most who are in their 20s...

I'm 83 and hear well and see well with progressives.

On the other side of things, I've had high level tinnitus as far back as I can remember.

My last working adventure was providing medical software for doctors and clinics. One clinic was the famous House Ear Institute in LA. I got to know some of the doctors there and asked one if he could do anything about my tinnitus. His reply: "I'll help you after I cure mine."

Dr. William F. House was still working there at the time and my parking place under the building was next to his, when I was there. Never met him though. The institute had a secret back door into the garage and treated people from all over the world, often under false names. They had, in their museum, a Ronald Reagan hearing aid, and a Bob and Delores Hope wing.

Some of my clients in San Diego had studied there.

Interesting how this all relates to "Kodak Portra 400 120 and Pro Image 100 35mm"

DAW