[rollei_list] Kodak Portra 400 120 and Pro Image 100 35mm

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 11:03:13 -0300

Two days ago I crossed the international bridge and visited the city across
the river, Encarnación, Republic of Paraguay. It was a long time since I
visited the city, at least 15 years, despite the proximity; you can see it
through a tele lens or binoculars anyway. Photography was a very secondary
item to go there this time, but I had my Rolleiflex 3,5F Planar with a
Kodak Portra 400 and I took some photographs, these are two of them:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/19978169242/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/19799179299/in/dateposted-public/

I sent my Pentax P30t for its first CLA two years ago and I had not tried
it yet. I bought the Pentax brand new 20 years ago and the last time I used
it before the CLA, you needed to advance two or three frames to cock the
shutter sometimes. Last Sunday, a sunny day among a bad climate along three
weeks, we went to an amusement park according my youngest daughter wishes
and I took images with the camera and Kodak Pro Image ISO 100 film. They
were taken using the automatic mode for the exposure (focusing is manual);
I wanted to try the automatic mode to check its working; this mode looks
almost prehistorical in comparison with modern digital cameras like my
Lumix LX7 with HDR and the like, but it works fine:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/19781144368/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/19781208390/in/dateposted-public/