[rollei_list] Re: 'Kodak, Don't Take My Kodachrome'

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:16:47 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 1:10 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: 'Kodak, Don't Take My Kodachrome'

>   The article also refers to Kodachrome as having "lurid"
> color.

   I decided to check Webster's New Collegiate (second ed.)
to see what "lurid" actually  means.

"Lurid  _adj_  1. Gastly pale; wan; dismal. 2. Appearing
like fire seen through cloud or smoke; as Lurid lightning.
3. Harshly vivid or terrible; often, marked by violent
passion or crime; as Lurid story.  SYN. See Ghastly."

   Harshly vivid is at least apt. Perhaps in light of this
the New York Post and N.Y. Daily News should consider
switching to Kodachrome.
   If you will pardon me now I will go lie down for a while,
I seem to be gastly pale; wan; dismal.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA