[rollei_list] Re: Kodak Discontinuing All B&W Paper

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:10:59 -0400

At 12:43 PM 6/16/05 -0400, Eric Goldstein wrote:
>Nikon is the next company we will be hearing bad news about... the are
small, fairly monolithic, and need to restructure to remain relevant moving
forward. Canon is eating their lunch in just about every niche in which
they compete...

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Eric

Nikon is owned by Mitsubishi, and only suffer when the mother company puts
them on notice, as it did a decade back.  I do not see this happening again
anytime soon.  I agree that Nikon has made some really stupid business
decisions, but I do not see them disappearing:  just as the Canon Camera
folks are a 2% or so part of a much larger enterprise, Nikon is a minor
player in a much larger field, and I suspect that Mitsubishi will continue
to fund them as a prestige product for quite a while.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx=20
Cha robh b=E0s fir gun ghr=E0s fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505