[rollei_list] Re: Kodachrome and Dwayne's = OK for me !

  • From: Emmanuel Bigler <Emmanuel.Bigler@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:09:33 +0100

From Thor L.:
> Same here. Are you buying from Dappa?

No, I did not know this supplier, my Kodachrome supplier is MailShots in the UK.

From Frank D.:
> Me too. The only 35mm film I use is kodachrome, but goodness is it
> slow to come back..

Slow to come back, but when it is back home, the colours stay there
for at least 50 years ;-) And the additional cost for storage is : nil !
No software (even free software) is required, no computer, no hard
crash-able hard disk, no fading CDs, etc...

Yesterday my wife has sorted some kodachrome boxes. In 5 minutes she
extracted 25 year old yellow boxes from a pile, she browsed through
the collection with a classical Reflecta slide viewer (compliant with
Dwayne's cardboard mounts, hopefully !)
All done in a snap. And 25-year old colours are as fresh as when the yellow box came back from Lausanne...

The overall delay now that it is processed in Kansas is only 1-2 days longer than in Lausanne so I do not complain.

My only regret as a rolleiphile is that I missed the short window of
time when Kodachrome was available in 120 rolls in France...
--
Emmanuel