[rollei_list] Re: Kodachrome and Dwayne's = OK for me !

  • From: Emmanuel Bigler <Emmanuel.Bigler@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:57:49 +0100

Thor Legvold a écrit :
Dwaynes seems to be doing ok, knock on wood.
I keep sending them Kodachrome, they keep processing it and sending it back :-). Can't complain there.
 Thor

Same for me in France. Kodachrome 64 is still the film of choix for my faithful Rollei 35 & other 35mm film cameras. And altogether, as of feb. 2009, a 135 roll of Kodachrome 64 bought process-paid in Europe and processed in Kansas (for me : through the Lausanne maibox) is cheaper than any film+E-6 combo at my usual French E-6 film+lab sources. For sure, in Germany prices for film + E-6 processing might be more attractive than in France but still, for me, pre-paid kodachrome processed on the other side of the Atlantic is very competitive.
So as long as this circuit runs, I'll use it.
--
Emmanuel