[rollei_list] Re: Knee Jobs

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 22:13:23 -0500

At 09:50 PM 7/20/2008, you wrote:
My wife had a knee mechanized on the 4th ultimo. Alas, but the doctor messed up and left out the Zerk fitting. I haven't a clue as to how I'm supposed to lube the damn thing.

Marc

All it takes is a long large needle, expertly inserted into the space between the knee bones.

Not at all painful if you get a little freeze spray and a small local to kill the pain of insertion.

I would be willing to bet that you don't know, off hand, what they use or where they get the lube the use for a year or so before you really need a replacement. (Viscosupplementation is the process by the way). The lube I'm thinking of comes after Cortisone injections and before replacement surgery.

Start with South Africa and proceed from there, collecting roosters as you go.

Well, rather than start everyone on a search, here's the answer:

Hylan G-F 20 (one of several brands) is a fluid containing hylan polymers produced from chicken combs.

It comes under various brand names and works great, for a couple of weeks, then another $1,200 injection. It was nice while it lasted.

DAW