[rollei_list] Re: Kiev 88 multistart lens question. (Aperture)

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 09:24:22 +0000 (GMT)

On a 30 mm wide angle, off the camera the lens seems to open to whatever stop it is set for. When I atach it to the camera, the lens remains wide open when I change the aperture ring.
The shutter on this camera is inoperable, so you on camera behavior may differ.

The 4.5/300 requires the user to stop down before taking a picture.

I hope this helps,
Laurence Cuffe

On Dec 30, 2011, at 11:47 PM, Javier Perez <summarex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

LF = normally closed. Sorry.

From: summarex@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [rollei_list] Kiev 88 multistart lens question. (Aperture)
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 23:45:17 -0500

Hi Everyone
Was wondering if the aperture on Kiev 88 lenses is nomally open or normally closed on these lenses. IE: When the shutter is fired, does the camera push it closed or allow it to close. I can't remember but I think it's normally open.
IE: When the lens is off the camera and set to say f16 is the aperture open or closed

Thanks in advance

Javier

PS:

Examples: