[rollei_list] Kardon Lenses

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 01:09:16 -0400

At 09:23 PM 9/7/05 -0700, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>   I think Kodak made the lenses for the Kardan. Both were
>capable of making lenses at least equal to Leitz.
===========================

The basic lens for the Kardon was the 2/47mm Kodak Ektar, described by
Peter Dechert, one hell of a scholar, as "a dinky bottle of a lens".  More
enigmatic is the 4.5/105 PAM Britar, a product of the Photographic Arts
Manufacturing Company of 49 West 15th Street, New York, New York.  Bob
Pins, a name familiar to all Rollei folks, has long opined that the PAM
Britar was made as the telephoto lens for the Kardon.

I miss the days when we would all congregate every two or three months at
camera shows and could swap information of this sort.  EBay has certainly
brought prices down rather dramatically but I do miss the personal contact.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505