[rollei_list] Re: Jerry and his Home Computer

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 00:02:13 -0500

At 11:22 PM 2/11/2007, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
>Marc,
>
>Very close, 1953.  I went for a degree in English  too.
>
>I  even had to turn in my Cadet Major's insignia,  I gave them the whole
>"blouse,"
>as they called the  belted jacket in military parlance. I kept the
>shoes, shirts, trench coat
>and trousers.
>
>They even wanted me to return the 90 cents per day stipend they paid for
>2 years,
>but they could hear me laughing as I drove off to Baltimore in my MG-TD Mk2!
>
>Jerry

With all respect, Jerry, at that time you must have done something Really Bad to warrant such treatment by an Army hungry for warm bodies. (I majored in Ancient Greek, and they had no problems taking me!)

Incidentally, I am not a war veteran and the only decorations I ever earned were for Sunday School Attendance or for a certain number of years of undetected crime. My father was a war veteran and earned his decorations the hard way.

Now, don't you have a Dell computer, recently purchased, at your home? A replacement for your 386?

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!