[rollei_list] Re: Jerry Lehrer: I am sorry

  • From: "Robert Lilley" <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 11:18:39 -0400

If this was before the draft lottery was in effect, your IIS student
deferment lapsed when you graduated college. This would have been reported
to your draft board.  I remember in the midst of transferring from one
college to another, my draft board informing me that my IIS deferment would
be taken away because as I was transferring I wouldn't have enough credits
to graduate in four years.  I enlisted and joined my fellow dropouts in that
little happening in Indochina.

Your story does remind me of the time I quit Valley Forge Military Academy
and being told by the deputy commanding officer that he hoped I would
shuffle sh*t on S4 detail for my entire army career after I was drafted.  I
never did S4 detail in all my eight years of the army.

Rob