[rollei_list] Jerry Lehrer: I am sorry

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 00:00:00 -0400

At 11:13 PM 5/28/2008, Jerry Lehrer wrote:
>Flagship= the leader
>
>I have seen photos of my Uncle Joe in uniform, with drum. Foreground
>signs, in Cyrillic, stated Imperial Russian Navy.
>I did not know that he was Russian Orthodox.  He was not a volunteer. He
>was "impressed" into service.
>
>End of  that discussion.
>
>Now do you ant to hear about MY military history?  I thought not!.

Jerry

I am hungry for the story of your military history. I apologize for not understanding your heritage. I started to write you a response along the lines of those I often post to Ted Grant on the Leica Users' Group and then I recognized that this would be inappropriate -- I am perfectly capable of doing mature things, at least once a year. My family has a long military tale but almost all of it consists of avoiding unfriendly people were dong nasty things toward them. But, then, they were dumb enough to volunteer.

I would be honored to learn the entire tale of your bugler uncle. I would delight to learn of your own military experience. I suspect that is much larger than mine.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!