[rollei_list] JOBO film developer questions

  • From: Thor Legvold <tlegvold@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 00:54:11 +0100

Just a quick question for those who might be using one of these units.

I'm finally (!) getting around to getting my ATL1500 up and running and
installed, and found that the input hose is missing. Before I run off and buy
one, taking a quick look on the net reveals that people are either using a
"mixing panel" to get proper temperature before running the water into the unit
(high pressure, from the tap via the mixer panel), or what is basically a water
heater in a tank/bucket of water with a small pump to bring the water into the
unit (low pressure).

Since I'd like to do this right the first time, what are the
advantages/disadvantages to each method? Is the water mixing panel a rare,
expensive and fiddly piece of gear, or is it set and forget? Will using a
"bucket" of water with a small pump and heater be easier when something breaks
(seems people are using small winshield washer fluid pumps and such, along with
inexpensive portable water heaters)?

Looking for opinions, which this list seems to have no end of :-P

Cheers,
Thor