[rollei_list] Re: JOBO development tips

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 14:17:25 -0200

Thor:
          I couldn't share my experience with you because I do manual
B&W film processing and never used an ATL 1500 nor prewash;anyway
developing times have to do with the negative contrast, I think you
need to find the best neg contrast for your purposes, f.e. print via
condenser (flatter negatives) or diffuser enlargers ( higher
contrast); it looks like a contrast for a diffuser enlarger is better
to scan negs for digital prints. BTW, variable contrast papers and
their filters help very much to compensate the negative features and
the differences Condenser vs Diffuser enlargers are not so
significant.

Carlos