[rollei_list] Re: Is this the rarest lens for the Rolleiflex SL 66?

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 18:50:11 -0300

2012/9/26 Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Carlos, you have me confused.  The 2.8/150 JSK Xenotar is a medium-format
> lens, not a large-format design.  Was it ever used on a LF camera?
> Enquiring minds want to know!

Marc:
           The regular 2,8/150 Xenotar (to mark a difference with the
Aero Xenotar prototype) is suitable for MF and for the 4x5" size
within the Large Format according the Schneider specs for the lens, it
is a heavy lens with a Size 3 shutter and used for the 4x5" format
very much, it is very appreciated for this LF due to the high
correction and lens speed, BTW it can be used with solid and robust MF
cameras with superb results, these are the Schneider specs in German,
English and French for several MF and LF lenses:

http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/archiv/pdf/objektive_kompl.pdf