[rollei_list] Re: Is this a Rollei?...Rolleikin I shown

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:40:46 +0000 (GMT)

This is a photograph about a Rolleikin I set, I don't
know the exact version but I guess it's one of the
later versions because the box says
"Rolleiflex-Rolleicord". I forgot to mention earlier
Rolleikin 1 versions did not allow to rewind the
exposed film and this was the reason it was necessary
to unload the exposed film in complete darkness, first
Rolleikin was offered to the market on 1932 for the
Rolleiflex Standard, however this version was
unreliable and had problems to measure the frames, I
think this problem was solved from the third version.
Before the color films were introduced in the market,
the reason to develop the Rolleikin was to allow the
Rolleiflex users to use the cheap 35mm film and to
obtain more frames per roll if necessary, there were
special cartridges for bulk 35mm film:

http://www.skand-rolleiklubben.org/rkin.jpg

All the best
Carlos