[rollei_list] Re: Is it Me or Has Traditional Common Courtesy Vanished

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:36:23 -0400

> The Shitty Mail Transfer Protocol cannot be depended on, and it is
> irresponsible to assume the intended recipient received the message you
> are expecting an answer to.

I'm been in regular contact with a ton of people by email for over a decade.
What happened to the "didn't you get that last email I sent you?"
conversations? I can't recall many if any. So much for all the mysterious
missing emails falling into the cracks in cyberspace. Some emails I forget
to send that's the bulk of it. Lost in my "Drafts" folder.
People on these lists and who I know don't use hotmail accounts it seems but
I know a few who do. And we exchange emails just fine.

I think when you have an exchange of emails back and forth and then they
just don't reply at one point it's noticeable. And can be just a tad rude.
Though someone in an exchange of emails has to make the last email. You hope
you have an understanding when the point has been made. And or you've let
the person have the last word.

Mark William Rabiner
markrabiner.com