[rollei_list] Re: Is it Me or Has Traditional Common Courtesy Vanished

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:29:12 -0400

At 10:14 AM 3/31/2008, jcd1250@xxxxxxx wrote:
This past Friday, I received an e-mail from a fellow Rollei list member inquiring about a Rolleiflex SL35M camera I had listed for sale on my web page. He stated was interested in it and that he would like additional information of the condition of the camera as well as the shipping and paypal fees.
After checking out the camera (it is in perfect condition), I had to calculate shipping fees and paypal fees which involved weighing the camera with packaging to calculate costs, etc.

After determining this, I sent him a reply a few hours later giving full details to answer all of his questions.

Since then, I have not heard from this individual, despite two followup e-mails.

Am I missing something? Wouldnâ??t common courtesy dictate that I at least get an acknowledgment e-mail back from him stating his intentions whether it be to purchase or to decline? This is not the first time this has occurred. It is also possible that his computer might have spam blocking or is out of service.

What are my fellow members thoughts on this?

Oh, for heaven's sakes. I often go three or four days without checking my e-mail. I have family obligations, writing obligations, Virginia Defense Force obligations, &c &c. And we just got Series Ten of MIDSOMMER MURDERS on DVD, so my wife and I spent the weekend noting how cleverly Joyce Barnaby cocks up the murders to give her husband an excuse to avoid eating her cooking.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!