[rollei_list] Re: Interesting digital back...

  • From: william schillereff <pastorbill6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 02:43:27 -0700

For years I worked Part time for a few newspapers.  In the beginning I
developed and delivered a print within an hour or two.  Every one loved
Rolle or similar.  It went to getting the film to AP and they took the
roll and ran it through a machine and in a half hour they had the image.
Now they want the direct upload or the possession of the SD card.  NO more
going home to write the accompanying story.  I have an iTouch with an
external keyboard and go to McD's and write and upload within an hour or
so.

I still one my Rollei's and also use my Nikon Digital.  They do have their
places in my bag.  The darkroom and the Rollei have many fine memories I
am not ready to give up yet  When the power goes off from grid failure my
film cameras will still work.  My enlarger may fail but the film will be
ready.  If the Grid goes down I can't even turn the Nikon on.  Some
believe our technology will rise to a point and then start declining.  I
certainly hope so.  New camera every several years, a new computer about
two or three years and the list goes on.  For 90 years the same old Rollei
has been taking pictures.  There is a lesson in that.

Photography was FUN till I started selling my wares even part time.  With
the advent of the technological and digital age the pressure has rally
risen to the point one has toe ask, "are we having fun yet?"