[rollei_list] Re: Infrared

  • From: Bernard <bernardc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:36:06 +0200

I have some experience with Rollei infrared 400 and Efke IR820 Aura (not Efke IR820).
I use an R72 filter on 24x36 and Rollei 6006.
Both films need to be exposed according to the infrared light of the moment.
As a rule of thumb, in full sunlight at noon, I rate the film about 6-12 iso, at 4pm about 3 iso and much lower in the early morning or at 18pm.
Also I tend to bracket if I rally want the shot to be a keeper, it's very easy to burn or to underexpose.

The developer is important too, I have had good results with Xtol, RHS give very hard negs and RLS is not really suited to these kind of films.

Bernard

CarlosMFreaza a écrit :
2010/6/10 Allan Derickson <alland435@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

I scored an infrarot filter in a lot of rollei stuff on ebay. I ordered a
roll each of the Efke IR820 and the Rollei infrared films.  Freestylephoto
gives some starting points for exposure based on the Hoya R72 filter.  My
question is how the Rollei infrarot filter compares.

Rollei infrared filter passes dark red and infrared above 700nm, Hoya
R72 passes infrared rays above 720nm and then I think the R72 starting
points for exposure could work for the Rollei infrared filter -at
least initially- for the Efke and Rollei infrared films. BTW  infrared
filters factors are linked to the infrared film type, the right
exposure needs tests, I did not have direct experience with these
infrared films but I'd begin using the R72 starting points. Rollei
infrared filters needn't focusing correction (guessing the filter is
in good condition).

 I also plan to try some exposures with the hell rot
filter.

I have direct experience with the Rollei hell rot filter, you can vary
the filter effect  changing the exposure factor from -2 f stops to
-3.5 f  stops, this is a sample with the 2.8C Xenotar:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itarfoto/431857837/

--- Rollei List - Post to rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org - Unsubscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org - Online, searchable archives are available at //www.freelists.org/archives/rollei_list