[rollei_list] Immigrants Festival -Rollei content-

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:39:58 +0000 (GMT)

Oberá is a small city (50,000 inhabitants) located 90
km from my city. Each year the immigrants and
descendants celebrates the fact they are living in
peace and harmony. The Festival is celebrated within a
site called ?The Park of Nations?; along a street,
each community have a typical house: Italian House,
Arabian House, German House, Polish House, Brazilian
House, Swiss House, Scandinavian House, Ukrainian
House, Paraguayan House, French House, Russian House,
Spaniard House, Japanese House and Argentinean House
(the Jewish community are building their House).
During the Festival is chosen Miss Immigrant, there
are symposiums, shows, commercial and industrial
fairs. The festival also convenes different
communities from Brazil and Paraguay that share
experiences with their respective communities (and the
others of course) here.
The main activities are by night, however each typical
House offer along the day the typical food
corresponding to their community.
We visited the Festival last Saturday at noon, our
main purpose was the lunch and then we ate at the
Brazilian House, also at the German House  and we ate
the dessert  -an unforgettable cake- at the Swiss
House.
I thought to take more photographs, however the day
did not help me, it was cloudy and rainy, I took one
roll only. I thought to use the Rolleicord, finally
chose the 2.8C because I wished to use the flash with
the Rolleimeter for focusing if necessary, but?I
forgot to put the flash in the bag¡¡.
The photographs (11) were taken camera hand held
except the last one where I appear in the frame, I put
the camera on a bench and used the self-timer. Most
were taken at 1/50 sec, Fuji Superia ISO 100 negative
color film. I hope next year I?ll take photographs
about other typical houses and acitivities.
The series starts here:
http://www.rollei-gallery.net/itar/image-87412.html

All the best

Correo Yahoo!