[rollei_list] Image storage

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 15:46:49 -0500

I see that most folks use Flickr for storage of photos. I have been using the free Microsoft Onedrive and a while back enrolled in the expanded (paid) version which includes expanded storage and the full Office 365 on line with automatic updates.

One of the advantages of Onedrive is that you can set up many folders and provide links to just one folder, selected pictures (or documents) and create a link with a specific time limit. Works well.

Here, for example, is a 30 day license to a folder of 40 year old 2 1/4 transparencies from Cozumel, showing the faded originals and restorations done by my scanner. (I think Ektachrome 64 from a 3.5F in a Rolleimarin IV.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Atj81GfX9W0HgZMtPTGEvCIHYKSCyA

You can step through them, enlarge them, and this specific license is set to allow downloads. These are simple restorations, not further enhanced, so don't judge what further work would do.

DAW~