[rollei_list] Re: I'm looking for a Rolleiwide. Is it a sensible pursuit?

  • From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 13:16:53 -0400

Thanks Peter
I had an SL66se. Personal opinion was that it was too big, far bigger than my Hasselblad equivalent, which I still own.

Vick

On 9/25/2012 12:56 PM, Peter Mattei wrote:
Vick,

Since you brought-up a 6X6 SLR, you may look at the flawless 50mm Distagon & Rolleiflex SL66 combination. Others on this board may opine with reams of lens data, performance curves and other inanities, but your eyes will remain the judge. Whichever camera you decide to research, try to borrow or rent one for a day or two. I have extensive experience with the Rolleiwides, the SL66/50 Distagon and the 38mm SWC Hasselblad. I have yet to be disappointed...but then, I don't own an Air Force test chart or optical bench.

Peter