[rollei_list] Re: I'm looking for a Rolleiwide. Is it a sensible pursuit?

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:05:29 -0700

Vick,

I have used the Zeiss 50mm Distagon on my Hasselblad for many years. It blows away the Rolleiwide, PLUS it
is mostly used with the 16 exposure 645 back.

I would say that the Rollei SL 66 and a CZ 50mm Distagon would be equivalent if a 16 exposure 645 back were available for it.

BTW, there is no such thing as a wide angle lens that is  "too sharp"!

Jerry Lehrer

On 9/25/2012 9:35 AM, vick.ko@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thank you for the input.

So, how is it compared to the Hasselblad 50mm FLE lens? Is that lens significantly different than the 4.0FW?
Too sharp maybe?

Vick