[rollei_list] Re: I'm looking for a Rolleiwide. Is it a sensible pursuit?

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 14:54:22 -0400

I have to agree with this. I feel the same way about some of the
Pentax 67 glass. I also find the Fuji Wide rangefinder glass clinical,
sterile, and not something I would shoot, and they are well corrected
high resolution lenses.

This is why I never say one lens is "better" than another. When
someone talks about what a wonderful performer an old Distagon is
under enlargement, I share my experience that these lenses are not
high resolution or particularly well-corrected optics, and that this
will easily become obvious at magnification. That does not make them
bad lenses; that depends upon the shooters tastes and the requirement
of a particular project...

Eric Goldstein