[rollei_list] Re: I'm looking for a Rolleiwide. Is it a sensible pursuit?

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:16:13 -0300

2012/9/25  <vick.ko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> So, how is it compared to the Hasselblad 50mm FLE lens?  Is that lens
> significantly different than the 4.0FW?
> Too sharp maybe?

The first difference for practical purposes is that the Distagon 4/50
FLE for Rollei 6000 cameras and Hasselblad has two focusing rings  and
the FW only one focusing ring, two focusing rings make the lens
operation more complex, it happens because the Floating Lens Elments
works to improve the lens performance for short focusing distances and
it needs to be focused separately; the FW Schneider Super Angulon lens
is a very modern design, it is distortion free for almost any
practical purpose and is very well corrected for optical aberrations
even for the short focusing distances, I don't think you could find a
significant difference about quality in the real life. Anyway, as
Peter wrote, your eyes will remain the judge.

Carlos

PS: Some lenses like those for the Mamiya RF are too sharp for my
taste, they can sometimes produce too hard images for B&W specially.