[rollei_list] Re: I'm back!

  • From: keith_w <keith_w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 12:22:03 -0700

Don Williams wrote:

At 07:08 PM 7/6/2006 -0700, Keith Whaley wrote:
I know a little about alclad materials.
Seems to me the need for such an alloy or construct has gone away as a result of many sophisticated advances in corrosion protection. What they do today was not even a gleam in a metallurgist's eye in 1945, let alone 1985!
I'm making an educated guess here, but offhand I'd say, the need for Alclad® has gone the way of high-button shoes...

Could be that Alclad had gone the way of high-button shoes, but if so, I wonder why there are at least a dozen or more companies with web sites describing various such materials and offering to sell it.

Don Williams La Jolla, CA

Okay, okay, I made a major goof, not being aware of the aircraft industries use of it.

Mea culpa!

keith