[rollei_list] Re: I'm back!

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 20:38:18 -0700

Don is, or was, time will tell, a hard hat diver. In the first posts, I asked if he was going to attend a Cal Classic dive event this summer. This where the reference to bi-metals came up. The Chinese have taken up the manufacturing of hard hat helmets with a passion, and with some creativity.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,
Angels Gate Cultural Center
http://sdimitrovphoto.com

On Jul 6, 2006, at 6:59 PM, keith_w wrote:

Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:
Some of the helmets are made with spun metal.

Helmets? Spun metal?
You can spin almost any wrought metal that is at all malleable, but where did "helmets" come from?

I know quite a bit about spinning, but apparently missed something here.
I'll just sit back and listen for a bit.

keith

If I'm not mistaken the manufacturer can mix different metals depending on the intended usage.
But this is going from memory on a subject that's outside my area.
The following are a treasure throve of info:
http://www.calclassic.org/
Slobodan Dimitrov