[rollei_list] Re: I'm back!

  • From: Slobodan Dimitrov <s.dimitrov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 18:45:40 -0700

Some of the helmets are made with spun metal.
If I'm not mistaken the manufacturer can mix different metals depending on the intended usage.
But this is going from memory on a subject that's outside my area.
The following are a treasure throve of info:
http://www.calclassic.org/

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,
Angels Gate Cultural Center
http://sdimitrovphoto.com

On Jul 6, 2006, at 6:19 PM, Don Williams wrote:

At 04:28 PM 7/6/2006 -0700, you wrote:
"Bi-metal?" Please explain, Don.

the only bi-metal I know is in a thermostat!  ;-)

keith

Bi-metal is a pretty generic term and I think I used it correctly. Bi-metallic strips are used in most thermostats today, but I think the term can be used for different applications as well.

Please see the next posting for additional comments.

Don Williams La Jolla, CA