[rollei_list] Re: I'm back!

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:40:18 -0700

At 07:06 AM 7/6/2006 -0700, you wrote:

Hi Don;
Glad you're back in one piece, more or less. Are we going to see you at a California Classic Equipment Divers' rally anytime soon?

Not sure about that. I live too far away to participate as a member, but they were gracious in letting me use their gear for some dives on several occasions. I don't want to wear out my welcome.

I still need to contact Rocky and visit his place in Corona (if he is still in the business) and see just what it takes to rebuild a P-51. That might be a good photo shoot for you. Everyone in the club knows his email address and I think I still have it here on my system if you strike out with Dorothy or another member.

Turns out that the main spar in those machines is bi-metal and they self-destruct over time and have to be completely replaced for a safe rebuild.

Slobodan Dimitrov
Studio G-8,
Angels Gate Cultural Center
http://sdimitrovphoto.com