[rollei_list] Re: Ikonta... OT Schleswig-Holstein

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 07:58:28 -0700 (PDT)

--- El dom 12-abr-09, Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> Late in his life, someone asked Lord Palmerston about the
> Schleswig-Holstein Question.  Pam thought a second and
> replied, "that issue has only been fully understood by
> three people.  One was the Prince Consort, and he is dead.
> Another was a professor in Germany, and he has been
> certified as insane, and is now confined.  I am the third,
> and I have forgotten everything I once knew about it."

To see the world is a little world sometimes, the father in law of one my great
uncles called Karl Ludwig Ferdinand von Billerbeck fought for the Prussian Army
during the first Schleswig-Holstein war; after the July 1849 truce, he was
licensed and got a contract to come to Brazil to integrate the Brazilian Army
in preparation to support the argentinean rebels fighting against Juan Manuel
de Rosas, the Argentinean president they considered a dictator. The argentinean
rebels with the Brazilian support won the Caseros battle in 1852 where von
Billerbeck participated and Juan Manuel de Rosas was received in England like
political refugee.
Billerbeck became a civilian and founded a prolific family in southern Brazil
and northeastern Argentina, one of his descendants keeps a large picture about
KLF v. Billerbeck wearing his Prussian uniform from the first
Schleswig-Holstein war.

Carlos

      Yahoo! Cocina
Recetas prácticas y comida saludable