[rollei_list] Ikonta Books

  • From: Jan Decher <Jan.Decher@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 09:19:03 -0400

Marc et al.

A quick search turned up only these two booklet-type Ikonta references:

Croeber, Cristof. 1939. Wie - mit der Super-Ikonta. [How - with the Super Ikonta]. Buchreihe Cameradienst, Heft 6. Knapp Verlag, Halle. 57 pages

Emanuel, W. D. 1960 (10th edition). Ikonta & Super-Ikonta Guide. Focal Press. 72 pages

I have some very well illustrated pre-war German sales brochures ("Freude am Leben mit einer Camera von Zeiss Ikon".... perhaps some unintended sarcasm there in 1940...) which I can scan in part and put on my camera blog. More soon.

Jan

From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Ikonta Book?
It turns out that there is a pamphlet on the
Zeiss Ikon folders published in France and, of
course, in French. I just learned of it yesterday but will try to get a copy.
I really sense that Zeiss Ikon was rethinking the
line entirely in the immediate Pre-War yeas and,
had WWII not occurred, a much more mature line
would have emerged more rapidly, ....