[rollei_list] Re: If Capa ...with the Contax II

  • From: Robert Lilley <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 08:10:16 -0400

Good thing I don't put my trust into cartoons - well, except Rocky and Bullwinkle of course.

Rob
On Sep 25, 2009, at 10:34 PM, Marc James Small wrote:

At 05:08 PM 9/25/2009, Robert Lilley wrote:
When I was a kid I remember a comic in Mad Magazine paying homage to great exploits of explorers and... the photographers behind the scenes. There was a cartoon of Hillary victoriously atop Mount Everest and the photographer, blue due to lack of oxygen with chattering teeth taking the happy snap - and never getting credit for having done the same thing Hillary did.

Except the photographers on Hillary's climb were only Hillary and Tenzing. Hillary took along his personal camera, a Prewar Retina with a Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar lens and the film was Kodachrome. The camera is now in a museum in New Zealand.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!