[rollei_list] Re: Idle Thoughts on the US Memorial Day

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 02:52:07 -0400

At 02:19 AM 5/27/2008, slobodan dimitrov wrote:
>Being a veteran is just a basic requirement for the part of the world
>I'm originally from. My mother's family goes back 400+ years in the
>military.
>On my father's side, slightly less than that. They were originally
>peasants who made their way to Bulgaria to skip out serfage in
>Russia. Until they became landed, the only other occupation was
>military.
>Though as I've gotten older, I've come to believe that diplomacy is a
>higher human activity.

Thanks for the sharing, Slobodan. My family have always been stupid enough to sign up when the drums roll but not a one of us have ever been drafted. We are just dumb enough to be there. And damned few of us understand to join the American Legion. We are really a rather pathetic lot, I fear!

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!