[rollei_list] Re: Idle Thoughts on the US Memorial Day

  • From: "Robert Lilley" <54moggie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 21:53:48 -0400

Marc,

The lawyer in you will note I didn't use the terms "war in Iraq"; the war is
over. Bush said so a while back; we beat Sadam, didn't we?  We just occupy
the country now and gee, were we to know that upsetting the apple cart like
that would lead to such civil unrest, mercy!?  I guess somebody wasn't
reading their D.H. Lawrence.  Nope, I used the terms "apposed to this
country's presence in Iraq".

I wouldn't be too sure about John McCain becoming the next Commander in
Chief.  I think Country Joe McDonald has a better chance.  Hmm, now, now,
Carter wasn't so bad; At least he kept his head and didn't spend billions of
tax dollars invading Lebanon.

And as far as "us vets can shoot off our mouths and do so with impunity"
goes - Actually, we serve so anyone in this country can shoot off their
mouths with impunity when it comes to it, it called the right to free
speech.  It's just that some of us have earned the right to pass hot air
more so than others.

Rob