[rollei_list] Re: Identify this Rollei?

  • From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 23:38:48 -0500

i remember seeing _genevieve_ about 25 years ago, (probably
at midnight on channel 9 in NY) knowing nothing
about the film except how immensely enjoyable it was, and
particularly what a sparking presence kay kendall radiated.
only years later did i learn how beloved both film and actress were.

i dont think its ever been on dvd or tape in this country, but
it is available in the UK.  my tivo grabbed it for me and i
burnt it to disk.  genevieve is about two couples rallying
from London to Brighton with 50 year old vintage cars.
the fact that the film itself is now 50 years old rather adds
to its great charm.  i think most of us indentify with tinkering
over our 50-year-old equipment while our peers can only shake their
heads in wonderment.

the photo was taken during the filming of _simon and laura_ (1955)
another film which i'd love to be able to see.

-rei

On Nov04 18:59, Richard Knoppow wrote:

> [...]

Rei Shinozuka shino@xxxxxxxxx
Ridgewood, New Jersey