[rollei_list] Re: IR Photography

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 20:05:49 -0800

At 03:01 PM 1/24/2006 +0000, you wrote:

Well, my dislike of HIE goes back a number of years when I tried a few rolls
in 35mm format, and I found the grain so bad it really took the fun out of
it. This may be different on a 6x6cm negative, however, so might be worth
another try.

I did IR many years ago and got some interesting results, all in 35mm of course.

Don't recall noticing any grain problem, but then again, Einstein got the Nobel Prize for working in that area, IR photons have less energy than shorter wavelength photons.

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA